UK’s FTSE loses -1.0%
The European major indices are ending the 1st day of the week with modest declines:
- German DAX, -0.35%
- France’s CAC, -0.5%
- UK’s FTSE, —1.0%
- Spain’s Ibex, -0.3%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, -0.6%
In the 10 year benchmark sector in Europe, apart from the UK yield, the rest have seen a move lower in yield.
The snapshot of US markets as London traders look to head for the exits:
- S&P index, -11.34 points or -0.44% at 2584.88
- NASDAQ composite index -42.55 points or -0.61% at 6928.94
- Dow industrial average -91 points or -0.3% to 23905
In the US that market, yields have moved off lows and trade above and below the unchanged level. The 30 year bond is up 1.3 basis points. The 2 year note is down -0.4 basis points.
In other markets:
- Spot gold has given up some of the earlier gains but still remains a bit higher on the day. The high reach $1296.39. We currently trading at $1290.42.
- WTI crude oil futures are down $-.33 or -0.64% at $51.27
The GBP is now the strongest currency on the day. The AUD is the weakest. The USD is mixed at midday.